Friday, May 27, 2016

Motherhood in Blue

Good morning!  I've spent a wonderful, unexpected but
relaxing and refreshing week with family
and now I'm back with lots of ideas.
But first off, as guest designer for Fantasy Stampers' 2nd challenge for May,
it's time for the midway motivation post:
 
Now I've had a good long think about this one--mostly because,
since I'm pregnant with our 3rd, EVERYONE now asks,
"Is it a girl this time?  Don't you wish it was a girl?"
Right there in front of my boys,
as if I had been cheated,
or as if having boys was some kind of bad luck,
or as if no one would blame me for regretting something.
And while every mom of all boys that I've ever met will pretty much tell you they LOVE IT,
somehow people just don't understand.
Even when my smile is huge and I say, "Nope!  We've got another boy and it's GREAT!"
they want me to get a female pet at least, "so you're not outnumbered."
Well, technically, I was outnumbered when I had my first boy, you know.
And let me tell you,
THIS ONE GIRL COUNTS FOR A LOT.
 
When it comes down to it, I feel pretty happy with things as they are.
I get to be the princess every time.
They take pretty good care of me,
and I'm doing my level best to raise real gentlemen.
And to do that,
it's all about Mom's influence,
Mom being there.
For a little while, I'm the number one girl in their world
and I aim to teach them as best I can while I have that trust and teaching opportunity.
To be where I am when I'm there.
To be there for them, so that they know I always will be.
 
So this week at Fantasy Stampers, it's All About the Girl--
and for this girl, that means it's also all about my boys
and my own identity as a joyful mother.
  


This tag will be a nice decoration for a baby shower gift,
as I have a number of friends who are also expecting.
It's nice to discuss the quiet beauty of motherhood,
rather than just the easy gripes over frustrations, sleeplessness and labor.
I try hard to let them know that their role is special,
that the time with their babies is precious and even sacred.
I'll probably need some reminding of that myself from time to time
as I go through the newborn stage again with baby H over the next few months,
But it truly is wonderful.
We all need reminders that the work we do as mothers is essential and special.

So to all you mothers reading this,

PLEASE REMEMBER:
You are valued, amazing, and essential.
Your role is one that no one else can take.
Your privilege to bridge eternity is not one to take lightly.
You are capable, courageous and stronger than you think.
You cradle, coach and counsel generations.
You cannot possibly imagine
how far-reaching will be the effects of your influence.

God bless you!


 
 Here are the challenges:
 
I thought it would be fun to challenge myself even more and use ALL "B"'s for my tag.
So here they are:
Baby Boy
Blue (Monochrome)
Burlap, Button, Bow
Butterflies
Blossom Background
 
I've used both the blue theme and the sketch this time.
 
(First ink on an old unmounted rubber stamp from 100 Proof Press)
 
 
Materials Used on this Tag:
Tag base {Recollections}
Cardstock, Patterned paper {Papertrey Ink}
Main image stamp {100 Proof Press}
Background Stamps {Snow/Splatters & Blossom outline - Altenew}
Dye ink (splatters) {Blueberry sky - Papertrey Ink}
Brown pigment inks {Craftsmart & Stampendous}
Distress Ink {Antique linen - Tim Holtz / Ranger}
Deckle edge ruler {Westcott}
Glimmer mist {Pearl white - Tattered Angels}
Sentiment sticker {The Paper Studio}
Classic butterfly punch, border punch {Martha Stewart - 2009}
Burlap paper {DCWV}
Copic Sketch markers / Watercolor pencil
Button, cotton twine



Thank you so much for visiting!

I hope you will take just a second and
enter for my Spring Giveaway before you go!
Inlinkz is so quick and I've opened the giveaway to both US and
International crafters as well.
Picture and link are on my right-hand sidebar. :)

Take care and
Be well,
 
--Kathryn
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - and many congratulations on the expected baby, too!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is heartwarming, adorable and very pretty. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art in the #232-#233 - Anything Goes FF Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole

    PS I had three boys and I know what your saying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful tag!! I love the beautiful layers.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh isn't that lovely? what a beautiful tag and perfect for a shower! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (anything but a card!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Tag! Nice Job! Thank you for slipping by at WAW Family Friendly AG Challenge and entering your art work - I leave you with this scripture - John 3:16 - "For God so loved the World He Gave his only Son that whosoever believed in Him shall not perish by have everlasting life" Blessing Gail WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting composition! Love the colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails