Thursday, June 2, 2016

Birds of a Feather - Friendship Card - ColourQ #344 / FMS #239

For the friend who knows all about you--
the friend that, when you go out together, everyone asks if you're sisters.
The "bird of a feather" friend who flutters by just when you most need
to hear her voice.

This card is for that friend.  And personally,
I hope I can pay it forward and be that kind of friend too.

 
You can't quite see the subtle gradation of blue to aqua in the stamped sentiment
as well as I'd like here.  The feather also has some aqua/gray variations and I used a
ZIG glue pen to add just a few sections of clear-embossed detail for more texture.
The coral bird is also clear-embossed.

 
The double stamped heart was Jay's idea. 
He was working on a button-encrusted card next to me
and said I should add a heart.
I like it.  It gives a nice balance and I told him so :)


 
 The ribbon looks very soft pink in these photos because it's
a shimmery organza-like sheer ribbon, but it is coral-toned in person.
Promise.


Here are the challenges:

ColourQ #344:

 
(masked off sentiment to stamp feather and bird, then used a lighter-colored
ink to finish the bird's tail for a set-back transparency effect)
 
 

Here's a sneak peek at another I made with this cute little coral bird...
 
Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Rustic white - Papertrey Ink}
Stamps {feather, sentiment, bird, heart - Papertrey Ink; splatters - Altenew}
Inks {Berry Sorbet, Blueberry Sky, Sweet Blush - Papertrey Ink;
Medium Teal - Colorbox; London Fog - Memento}
Clear Superfine Embossing Powder {Ranger}
Coral ribbon and Aqua floral Trim {Robert Stanley, stash}
Heavyweight Egyptian hand-quilting cotton thread
Large corner rounder {Martha Stewart}
Coral button {stash}



I hope you will take just a moment and
enter for my Spring Giveaway before you go!
Inlinkz is so quick and I've opened the giveaway to both US and
International crafters as well.
Picture and link are on my right-hand sidebar. :)
 
Take care,
Be well,
and enjoy the sunshine,
 
--Kathryn
 

7 comments:

  1. So soft and pretty! Love that feather and sweet bird! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! Love the colors and trim. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your delightful toppings on the card are light and airy like the stamped design. Wonderful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love that feather and the sweet little bird! Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn beautiful use of this week's colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the colourQ for our 200th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job.. I love the color combo and the feather.. glad for Jay's idea on the heart it does add balance doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Kathryn! The feather is beautiful & I love the pretty sparkle.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails