Thursday, June 16, 2016

Undersea Spotlight, With Thanks

 
I've been saying for awhile that coloring has been difficult for me of late,
due to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Even typing this post is now difficult because my
hand control is fading and whenever I touch things with my fingertips it
feels as though my fingernail is being peeled backward.
Not particularly fun.
 
As I approach my due date, I may still
post a card here and there but for the most part, I will probably be a no-show
even on my favorite challenges for awhile.
I had forgotten how much I missed card-making and blogging, but
I think a break through July and a little of August is something you'll understand.
Baby H will make his appearance soon and I mostly need to rest
leading up to and after that.
My Robin and Jay still love making cards together and this has been a
fun thing we can do while I've tried to stay off my feet when possible.
However, with my finger dexterity now shot
(and try that on for size when you're a trained classical pianist)
even tying the bow for this card was a chore.
 



 
I decided to try to make my spotlight look like a bubble as well.
I took some inspiration from Chris's adorable "Just Keep Swimming" card ;)
 
 
(Thanks for the shoutout last week, girls!  You can tell I really liked the
feathered friends theme ;)
 
 

 
Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Rustic white - Papertrey Ink}
Patterned papers {My Mind's Eye, K & Company}
Image {free coloring page online}
Sentiment Stamp {Papertrey Ink}
Ink {Archival Black - Ranger}
Glossy Accents {Ranger}
Dimensional stickers {K & Company}
Wooden banner {Studio Calico}
Rustic woven trim, floral foliage {stash}
Copic sketch markers
 
 
I'll be back at the end of the week with the winner(s) of my Spring Giveaway,
so stay tuned and don't be surprised if I post another one soon.
Craft room cleanout always happens in stages. ;)
 
As always, thank you for visiting,
take care,
be well!
 
--Kathryn
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I hope your had will recover soon and you'll be back to your normal gorgeous output again soon. Even if by then you are doing it with a baby tucked under one arm!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredible spotlighted card Kathryn! I love the added starfish embellishments and the sea grass too! Thrilled you joined us at Just Us Girls and so glad Chris' card inspired you to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kathryn, your spotlighted card looks absolutely amazing!! (and I'm flattered that my card inspired you to make this beauty!) As one who also suffers from carpal tunnel, I can feel your pain...for realz! Hope your hands feel better, and congrats on your upcoming little one! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunning design, beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining in at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails