Sunday, June 5, 2016

Vibrant Eclectic Freestyle Butterflies - Sending Positive Vibes

 
 
Do you know, this week's ColourQ in particular has really stretched me.
Bright royal blue just happens
to be one of those colors that I usually shy away from, especially in connection
with aqua or teal, with which I'm much more comfortable.
There's just not that much royal blue in my stash, to be honest.
 
Yet....
 
Of all the three cards I've made for this week's ColourQ, I think this last must be my favorite.
I used the blue a little more boldly as an accent in the butterflies, blue petal, mod leaf
 and in the baker's twine.
 
Here's the color palette once more:
 
 
Do you know who inspired me for this one?
There's really no style she can't pull off with pizazz, but a few cards of hers I've
remembered even after 2, 3 or more years.  They brought about those Aha! moments
when I said, I'd like to try something like that sometime.
Here are a couple of them:
I still remembered this card clearly after how many years?!

And those are just a few that I recalled while putting my own butterfly card together.
So for you, Iwona--if you see it--and thank you most of all for having the courage
to make the tough decisions that put family and health first.
We all come to that point again and again, but you have the integrity to call things
as they are, and see them for what they are.  And I respect and thank you for it.
 
 
 
Iwona has been on a bit of a blog holiday herself, and much missed
ever since, but I completely understand.  But she just came to mind the other day.
Isn't it interesting how crafting and blogging can connect people half a globe away?
Anyway, I was thinking of Iwona or Chupa, as she used to go by,
and just sending happy thoughts and wishes her way while I put this card together.
People hardly ever know, but can it really hurt to send as much positive energy out into the world
as we can?  Pondering can be a form of prayer too.
She wouldn't know me from the next lady in the checkout at the grocery store,
yet I know she's special and has her own amazing life, just like every other blogger.
We are all individuals behind the comments and aliases and creative projects.
We are all so much more than the sum of what we put forward.
I want ALL of you to know that I know that, and that I respect you. :)

 
I suppose that's part of the reason why I felt like I ought to leave the banner,
which was ready for any sentiment at all,
BLANK.
Because I really DON'T know what was going on for someone that I've never even
met in person but somehow, by reading her thoughts and a little of experience she's shared,
I care, and hope she's well.
It's blank because I will never know. 
It's an open-ended question and equally as much
an open-ended answer contained in itself.


 
 Just a couple of other challenges:
 
 


 
Materials Used on this Card:
Card base {My Mind's Eye}
Cardstock {Hawaiian Shores, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink}
Gray damask patterned paper {Ninth Street by TPS}
Stamps {mod leaves and petal - Papertrey Ink, feather - Art C}
Inks {Blueberry Sky, Aqua mist, Berry Sorbet, Autumn Rose - Papertrey Ink}
Dimensional Butterflies, blue baker's twine {Recollections}
Dies {Spellbinders}
Wooden banner {Studio Calico}
Coral buttons, pompom trim {stash}
Glossy Accents (on mod leaves) {Ranger}
Heavy hand-quilting cotton



Thank you so much for visiting!
 I hope you have enjoyed yourself,
and I wish you a wonderful day.

If you get a chance before you go, there is still time to
enter for my Spring Giveaway before next week!
Actually it's more of a destash.  Everything is all packed up and ready to ship ASAP.
Inlinkz is so quick and I've opened the giveaway to both US and
International crafters as well.
Picture and link are on my right-hand sidebar. :)
 
Take care,
Be well,
and enjoy the sunshine,
 
--Kathryn 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. ...and I wouldn't mind being able to make something looking like THIS. Fantastic! Love the colors, challenging but looking awesome together. Thanks for sharing with us over at Catch the Bug too, good luck! Pia, Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I literally don't know what to say. I usually do! :) I wish I could respond with a monster hug. Thank you. Moments like these are humbling and a bit unreal since we're all just girls tinkering at our desks. Please allow me to respond to your email a bit later more in depth, when I have the time.
    The card is gorgeous. Perfectly balanced, harmonious despite being busy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous card. You have combined layers, colors, details, embellishments in an absolutely perfect arrangement. I can definitely see Chupa's influence here! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so alive and so vibrant, Kathryn, and your tribute to Chupa and her art and wisdom was beautifully written! You have really captured her essence and she would be so proud! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design! So beautiful colors, they make it happy and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. So very pretty. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layers are simply awesome! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog. Please join us again soon.
    Good luck
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is amazing!!! Love those colors. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at LC Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails