Friday, June 10, 2016

Vintage Nightingale CAE - GWS

This is one of my in-between cards.
It's vintage-inspired (like many of my creations)
but not shabby.  It's naturalist but lacks foliage and other
embellishments.  It's clean-edged but a little too layered for CAS.
I might call it freestyle but it doesn't really strike me as a collage
because it lacks the mixed media elements.
I call it Clean-and-Eclectic,
but whatever it is, it is.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the challenges:
 
 
 
 
This time I took some inspiration from Jeanette (DT):
 
I love her kraft tones and the green polkas together.  I don't have Robyn's Fetish
images as she does (and really my style is not often cute),
but thinking about robins (and their type) led me to this
 
 
 
 
 
 
JUGS Word Week: BIRDS - 3rd entry
 
 
 
 
Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Rustic white, Dark chocolate - Papertrey Ink}
Patterned papers {Papertrey Ink, scrap pieces from American Crafts}
Vintage nightingale graphic {The Graphics Fairy}
Sentiment Stamp {Papertrey Ink}
Brown pigment Ink {Stampabilities}
Brads {The Paper Studio}
Wooden banner {Studio Calico}
Pompom trim, Wooden button, cotton twine {stash}
 
 
Thank you so much for visiting!
 I hope you have enjoyed yourself,
and I wish you a wonderful day.
 
If you get a chance before you go, there is still time to
enter for my Spring Giveaway before next week!
Actually it's more of a destash.  Everything is all packed up and ready to ship ASAP.
Inlinkz is now closed but you can still enter via comment/follow etc.
Picture and link are on my right-hand sidebar. :)
 
Take care,
Be well,
and enjoy the sunshine,
 
--Kathryn 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. The vintage bird is so real looking and your elements are sweet. Thank you so much for posting you creative and very lovely art in the #234-#235 - Anything Goes Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card Kathryn. You certainly have a flair for layers and embellishments! Thanks so much for sharing your talents and joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It only really needs to be described by one category - BEAUTIFIL!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kathryn thank you for joining us over on
    Crafty Catz
    Dianne xx
    CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 cards are AWESOME!! I love all the textures and especially love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely card! Love all the little details on it. Thank you for playing along over at the PINspirational Challenge blog ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! What a surprise to find that you took your inspiration from my card. Such an honor. and OH MY GOODNESS! Your card is stunning! Love the embellishments and that gorgeous bird!

    Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge. Please be sure to check out the new one and play along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!! (So sorry for not commenting sooner but this proving I'm NOT A ROBOT stuff is driving me nuts!!!)
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails