Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wedding Chickadee - Shabby Naturalist - And a Lesson in Pinspirational Patience

Oh, the irony!
And a little lesson in patience, too.
 
A couple of days ago I posted my Goldfinch card in Shabby Naturalist style
last-minute to PINspirational #166, Anything Goes.
 
 
But just a couple of hours later, this shows up on my feed.
The NEW inspiration photo for {PIN}spirational #167:
 
 
Are you kidding me?!!
 
And get this, Shawna (DT)'s card.  A natural-looking bird.
And a SQUARE MESH BACKGROUND.
I could have cased her.  Seriously.  Even the sentiment.
 
 
I'm still head-smacking over this one.
But while the goldfinch would have been SO perfect,
I won't give in while I still have chipboard birds left in my stash ;)
 
 
 
So here's a shabby chickadee for the bird theme
at PINspirational this fortnight.
And he won't be alone...he has a couple of friends ;)
 
 
 
 
Since the birds in the inspiration photo
(technically I think they are a kind of warbler)
are obviously raising a family and working on their nest,
I thought a wedding card would do nicely.
The vintage sheet-music and marriage certificate are both from The Graphics Fairy.
 
 
 
 
 
 And a few more challenges:
 
 
 
 
JUGS Word Week: BIRDS - 2nd entry

L-R diagonal up: die cut (butterfly), digi (2), twine
 
 
 
 
Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Rustic white, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink}
Patterned papers {Tan polkas - Papertresy Ink; Barnwood - Hot off the Press;
Green mini-dots - Making Memories}
Vintage sheet-music and marriage certificate {The Graphics Fairy}
Sentiment Stamp {Papertrey Ink}
Ink {Archival black - Ranger}
Wooden banner {Studio Calico} 
Kraft butterfly die-cut {Maya Road}
Chipboard chickadee {Paper House}
Brads, mini-roses (used as pinecones) {The Paper Studio}
Greenery {Floral stem}
Heavyweight hand-quilting cotton thread
 
 
Thank you so much for visiting!
 I hope you have enjoyed yourself,
and I wish you a wonderful day.

If you get a chance before you go, there is still time to
enter for my Spring Giveaway before next week!
Actually it's more of a destash.  Everything is all packed up and ready to ship ASAP.
Inlinkz is so quick and I've opened the giveaway to both US and
International crafters as well.
Picture and link are on my right-hand sidebar. :)
 
Take care,
Be well,
and enjoy the sunshine,
 
--Kathryn 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design is fabulous. I love the layers - they provide nice depth and amazing texture. Thanks for stopping by our house at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely STUNNING work, Kathryn! I am smitten. Thank you so very much for stopping by to share your talents with us. Have a blessed week, and please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! So much to look at and all of it gorgeous. Love your chipboard bird! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Your work has just blown me away! Outstanding cards. I LOVE birds also! What a great way to craft them without being too flowery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy! Stunning creations! Lovely work! Dropping by to say Thank you so much for entering your art work into WAW this week Anything Goes Challenge - where you can upload 5 pieces each week - a total of 10 opportunities to win a prize! Happy Dance - it is a blessing to have you come by and join the challenge - may your day be filled with fun and laughter and leaving you with this message "The Lord is Good - All of the Time" Blessings, Gail WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project! Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck :)
    Hugs, Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such beautifully crafted cards. The chipboard birds are just lovely. I love the natural feel to these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects! Thank you for joining our newest challenge over at the PINspirational Challenge blog ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazingly beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!! (So sorry for not commenting sooner but this proving I'm NOT A ROBOT stuff is driving me nuts!!!)
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails