Thursday, April 28, 2016

Eclectic Santa Matilde - INSPIRE - Color Throwdown 390

Here I am again, as promised, with a card that I really REALLY had fun creating yesterday evening after the house went quiet.  Seriously, I feel like I broke loose and flew, just like that giant butterfly.  Sometimes a limited color palette will do that for you,
but in this case it all just came together and I released a LOT of creative energy and hit my stride, willing to try anything, apologizing for nothing.
While I love to create in all different card styles and genres,
I think this sort of Clean-and-Eclectic style really expresses me best. 
Combining vintage and naturalist elements with a fresh twist and always a bit of homespun--it's just the best fit I've found so far for my taste and personality.



The main inspiration for this card came from the limited but very trendy color palette from the Color Throwdown this week.  I pulled out some SUPER old rubber for this one, a Santa Matilde stamp from Stampington and Company.  This image is 16 years old, folks, and still stamps beautifully.
I had Matilde out already for a CAS challenge card at Less is More, where they're celebrating St. George's Day in the UK with a Saints, Dragons and Heroes theme.  The contrast between this one and that is striking but they were both very fun to lay out and create.  Sneak peak:



So here are the challenges for my Clean-and-Eclectic and uber-vibrant version:

Color Throwdown #390
 
 
 
 

 
Materials Used on this Card:
Cardstock {Papertrey Ink}
Patterned paper {Ninth Street by The Paper Studio}
Stamp {K5525 Santa Matilde, Stampington & Company 2000}
Ink {Distress Ink: Faded Jeans} 
Clear Superfine Embossing Powder {Ranger}
Sentiment sticker {Stick-abilities by TPS}
Satin Ribbon and mustard/ivory polka-rose trim {Robert Stanley, stash}
Vintage Spool wood shape {Spare Parts by TPS}
Butterfly {Free vintage printout}
 
The original link to the vintage printable is broken now, but I do have the graphic itself, so here it is in case you'd like to add it to your collection:



If you like the butterfly graphic or the naturalist style, you may enjoy poking around my
Botanical + Entomological board on Pinterest as well.

I was lucky enough to be given a color laserjet printer last year (all I had to do was to buy the cartridges...a pricey thing, but considering how much I was spending on inkjet cartridges at the height of my Etsy business, I considered it a good deal still!).  These vintage printables are amazing because all I have to do it print them and with the laserjet they come out with a sort of sheen that you don't get with inkjet.  I used to work in a print-shop and enjoyed most every minute of it, so these kinds of tiny details matter to me :).





Need to do some kitchen work now on a canned homemade pizza sauce that's TO DIE FOR...
8 lbs of fresh tomatoes and 3 lbs of red peppers to prep and roast...
but after that when I come to put my feet up again,
I will be back with my Spring Cleanout giveaway!
You won't want to miss it, so stay tuned!


Be well and enjoy the sunshine,
--Kathryn




7 comments:

  1. Great mix of texture and interesting elements! A beautiful way to highlight the throwdown colors and so glad you were able to join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is totally fabulous! And thanks so much for the freebie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the mix of elements you incorporated into your design. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card and I love your sentiment! Thank you for joining our newest challenge over at the PINspirational Challenge blog ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterfly is gorgeous and I really like the added texture. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic eclectic card. The laser jet did a fantastic job with your butterflies. Thank you so much for joining us at PINSPIRATIONAL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning!

    Thank you for participating in the last {PIN}Spirational Challenge. A new one has just begun... I hope you'll check it out and play along with it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments -- they add an extra smile to my day. I hope yours is happy and bright as well, no matter where you are visiting from!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails